MOCAD serves as a hub for today’s artists, students and our community. As a distinct and multifaceted institution, MOCAD has been a platform for innovative minds to collaborate and present their interpretation of contemporary art, reflecting the tone of current trends and movements.
When you contribute to MOCAD’s Annual Fund, you enable the Museum to showcase the work of living, and often local, artists. Over the past decade at MOCAD, we have developed as a pillar for the community to connect, be inspired and wander in our exhibitions. Every visit, conversation, membership and donation made allows us to feature the finest in local, national and international contemporary art in Detroit. Since opening in 2006, MOCAD has had over 350,000 visitors from all over the world, including you!
Gifts of $500 and above will receive recognition on the MOCAD website and donor wall, and a copy of Venice Biennale Architectural Imagination catalogue
Gifts of $1000 and above will receive recognition on the MOCAD website and donor wall, a copy of Venice Biennale Architectural Imagination catalogue, and a Gary Simmons tote bag
Gifts of $2500 and above will receive recognition on the MOCAD website and donor wall, a copy of Venice Biennale Architectural Imagination Catalogue, a Gary Simmons tote bag and a print of Andrew Kuo’s exclusive piece honoring MOCAD’s 10th Anniversary (image right)
With your support, in 2016 MOCAD has:
- Created the Susanne Feld Hilberry Senior Curator at Large position.
- Hosted the 2016 Convening of Teens in the Arts, with the MOCAD Teen Council facilitating activities, panel discussions and presentations.
- Presented an ambitious off-site program, with artists Gary Simmons, in collaboration with Culture Lab Detroit and Bedrock.
- Featured acclaimed solo exhibitions by Nancy Mitchnik, Sanford Biggers and Detroit native Matthew Harrison.
- Partnered with Cafe 78 and Super Happy Sushi to provide delicious fare and a relaxed setting for visitors to work and collaborate.
In the past decade we have:
- Produced over 90 exhibitions.
- Hosted hundreds of weddings, celebrations and family days; engaging with our community.
- Showcased over 300 Detroit artists in these exhibitions and events!
We respectfully request that you consider MOCAD when you are making your 2016 end-of-year charitable contributions. Your gift enables us to continue building our educational and cultural endeavors ranging from Teen Council to Public Programs. MOCAD has been an instrumental player within the waves of contemporary art and culture flourishing in Detroit for the past ten years, Contemporary artists need a platform to share their art. Help MOCAD continue to make an impact – give today!