MOCAD’s Reopening Plan
COVID-19 has changed everyone’s world, including MOCAD’s. Below you will find new protocols we have implemented, including new Museum hours, safety measures, and visitor guidelines. As we reopen our doors, the health and safety of our visitors and staff continue to be our top priority.
The Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit has new hours!
Please note that Mike Kelley’s Mobile Homestead is currently closed while we prepare for our new exhibition.
MOCAD has implemented robust cleaning and disinfecting procedures, added hand sanitizing stations, and limited the number of touchable surfaces.
Our staff members have undergone training in proper cleaning and disinfecting protocols, participate in contact tracing and self screening, and always wear a mask when inside of the Museum.
Under the guidance of health professionals, MOCAD has established new guidelines that all visitors to the Museum must follow. Upon visiting, MOCAD asks that visitors:
- Wear masks inside the Museum, along with staff. Visitors ages 3 and under will not be required to wear a mask but should be carried or in a stroller.
- Use hand sanitizer when first walking into either building. Hand sanitizer is provided at the entrance for your use when you arrive.
- Please practice proper physical distancing protocols and allow at least 6 feet of space between you and another person (unless the other person is a member of your household).
- Please self screen prior to visiting MOCAD. By entering one of our buildings visitors agree that they do not have any of the following symptoms: temperature >38ºC (100.4 ºF) or higher, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, tiredness, sore throat, repeated shaking with chills, new loss of taste or smell, headache, or chills.
- When checking in at the front desk, visitors will be asked to complete a self-screening agreement.
- Finally, please be kind to our staff and each other. Respect the directions of the staff. We are here to help and to ensure everyone’s health and safety.